The cumulative update KB4103727 is available for users who are running Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). It is recommended that you install this update as soon as possible as it includes security patches for the Operating System.
After installing this update, the build number of Windows 10 will be changed from 16299.402 to 16299.431.
Please note that Microsoft has already released a new version of Windows 10, Windows 10 Version 1803. If you have already installed Windows 10 Version 1803 then you may install KB4103721 instead of this update.
Let’s go through some of the issues fixes in this update and then we’ll share the download links.
Kb4103727 fixes 20 vulnerabilities of which 3 are critical, 16 are important and 1 is considered as low.
- Fixes the Internet Explorer failed web workers issue.
- Updated video preload flag handling for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Fixes the USB port functionality loss issue after resuming from hibernation (related to AMD platforms).
- This update increases the user account minimum password length in Group Policy from 14 characters to 20 characters.
- Fixed the App-V user scripts not working issue.
- Fixed issue with connecting to Microsoft Remote Desktop server.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Hyper-V, Windows virtualization and kernel, HTML help, and Windows Server.
If you want to go in detail, please visit this help page.
How to download KB4103727
You can download and install KB4103721 update manually using the direct download links below:
These links have been taken from Microsoft Update catalog.
Errors while installing KB4103727
Some users on the Internet (Reddit and Microsoft forums) are complaining that they have not been able to install this update on their systems. The common error has been the following:
2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4103727) – Error 0x800706be
This error is coming on non-English platforms. If you are using the English version of Windows 10, there are less chances that you will get this error message.
If you are having the same issue, please take the following steps before installing any Windows update:
Create a restore point
This should be the default case before installing any update or software on your system. At the very least, if the system get bricked after installing an update, you will be able to revert back to the working point.
To create a restore point, go to Run –> systempropertiesadvanced.
On the System Protection tab, enable System Restore and create a restore point manually.
Installing the update manually
Most of the times, the issue is resolved when you restart your computer, download the update manually from above mentioned links and then install them manually.
I hope this will help you keep your Windows up to date. If you are already using Windows 10 Version 1709, it is recommended that you install the latest version of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4103731 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 May 2018
- Download KB4103722 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 May 2018
- Download KB4103720 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 May 2018
- Download KB4093112 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018
- Download KB4103721 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018